Florida Guide > Disney General
Cinderella - Some Interesting Facts
Cinderella just has to be the ultimate Disney princess, and the one most loved by everyone. Generations have been held spellbound by the charming story of poor Cinderella, whose dreams of romance eventually come true, despite the cruelty of her wicked stepmother and stepsisters. It is no wonder that Walt Disney made her magical castle the centrepiece of Magic Kingdom at Walt Disneyworld, Orlando, Florida. The fairy tale romance of Cinderella and her Prince Charming is timeless, and proves that no matter how difficult the journey is, dreams really can come true.
Here are some interesting facts about the film, Cinderella.
1. The film, ‘Cinderella’ was released on February 15th, 1950, and was the first full length feature since ‘Bambi. ’ In fact, Walt Disney had not had a huge success since ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, which was released in 1937, and just as with this film, Disney took a huge gamble. The Disney studio was heavily in debt so this film was a last ditch effort to save it. Its huge success enabled Disney to carry on the production of films throughout the 1950s.
2. Walt Disney was so anxious that the film should be a success that he insisted that the scenes involving human characters should be shot first in live-action.
3. The film contains many memorable songs, including ‘Sing Sweet Nightingale, ’ ‘Bibbidi- Bobbidi-Boo, ’ ‘A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes’ and ‘So This is Love. ’
4. The role of the mice was increased and they became Cinderella’s friends and helpers, assisting with the making of her ball gown and generally taking care of her.
5. The cat, Lucifer, was based on one of the animator Ward Kimbell’s cats.
6. Cinderella’s voice was that of Ilene Woods, who was chosen from 400 other hopefuls.
7. The film cost an incredible $3. 000, 000
8. Eleanor Audley, who was the voice of Lady Tremaine, was also the voice of the evil Maleficent, in Sleeping Beauty.
9. If you look carefully when Cinderella sings ‘Sing Sweet Nightingale, ’ three bubbles form the head and ears of Mickey Mouse.
10. Cinderella was the first Disney film to have its songs copyrighted and published.
It is not surprising that Disney decided to make a night spent in the newly-constructed suite inside Cinderella’s Castle, in Magic Kingdom, the cornerstone of their ‘Year of a Million Dreams. ’ Cinderella may be over 50 years old but she still holds the same magic that she did all those years ago.
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Page added on: 31 December 2007
Viewed 21891 times since 1 September 2008.
The following photos have been submitted by our villa owners for this article.
We take great care to ensure we have the copyright holder's permission to display each photo. If you believe any of our photos should not be displayed for any reason then please email email@example.com with full details, including a link to the photo concerned and we will act on it immediately.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one:
Bookmark This Article
These sites allow you to store and share links over the internet. You can share the links with other users or just use them to access your links from any computer you are using. More information is available here.