Florida Guide > Disney General
Disney Water Parks – Tips + A Few Fun Facts!
- Don't forget your sunscreen!
- Measure your child's height before you arrive at the Park so you know which attractions they will be able to ride.
- Many Disney Cast Members can speak more than one language. The flags on their name badges show which languages they speak.
- Study a map of the Park prior to your arrival so that you have an idea of where you want to base your party.
- Lockers, towels and life vests for children are available for rent. Life vests are provided free of charge for Guests who wish to leave an identification card.
- If you want a sun lounger it’s a good idea to arrive early – especially in the summer!
- Disney's Water Parks have a variety of snack food stands and counter service restaurants however there are also picnic areas where you can enjoy your own food, however no alcoholic beverages or glass containers are permitted.
- Parking and inner tube usage are included with admission in each Water Park.
- When arriving at the Parks if you head for the back and do those rides first they tend to be less busy.
- If the big water chutes and slides are a little too fierce! Don’t worry there are plenty of gentler activities, my favourite are the "lazy rivers" that circle the entire Park. Hop in and relax!
- Bring water shoes when visiting the Water Parks. The ground can get very hot and so will your feet!
- During the busy summer months, the best time to visit a Disney Water Park is after 3 p.m.
- Ladies if you intend to ride the big slides like Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach and Humunga Kowabunga at Typhoon Lagoon you may wish to consider leaving the bikini at home and sticking with a one-piece swimsuit!
- Look for locker, towel and life jacket rental at Snowless Joe's — to the right after you enter.
- Disposable underwater cameras, which are great for taking pictures on all of the water attractions, are available for purchase at Singapore Sal's near the main entrance but you can also buy them more cheaply in the supermarkets.
- Swim wear with rivets, buckles or exposed metal is not permitted on the attractions.
- Disney's Blizzard Beach is home to Summit Plummet, the tallest water slide in the whole U.S.A.
- Learn to surf at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon before the Park opens for $125 per person plus tax. Call 407-939-7529 for reservations.
- There's no need for waterproof watches — you can always check the time on the Park's Clock Tower.
Author: Caroline Barnes (Villa link: click here)
Other articles by this author: click here
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Page added on: 2 September 2004
Viewed 6284 times since 1 September 2008.
The following photos have been submitted by our villa owners for this article.
We take great care to ensure we have the copyright holder's permission to display each photo. If you believe any of our photos should not be displayed for any reason then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with full details, including a link to the photo concerned and we will act on it immediately.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one:
Bookmark This Article
These sites allow you to store and share links over the internet. You can share the links with other users or just use them to access your links from any computer you are using. More information is available here.