Florida Guide > Disney Parks
The Epcot International Food and Wine festival is held every year. It usually starts at the very end of September and runs for 6 weeks (Dates do vary slightly)
Having been for the first time last year, I am so disappointed that, despite the reasonable air fares at the beginning of November, I cannot go this year. Every year the festival looks bigger and better than ever.
Epcot has always been a pleasure to us, as we are not very interested in rides but we love the variety of music and food which you find at this park. We love to try all the foods from the different countries and this is where the Food and Wine Festival excels.
You can of course choose to go the whole hog and opt for one of the special events which are very expensive but sound interesting: - eg
The Odyssey Chefs’ Showplace presented by Viking
This program allows you to observe a notable Chef prepare a three course lunch which you will enjoy with a selection of wines presented by a wine principal.
Fridays and Saturdays throughout the Festival
10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m
$75 per person, plus tax, gratuity included.
Park admission required
Exquisite Evenings at Epcot
Celebrity and Walt Disney World Signature Restaurant Chefs team up to prepare a five–course meal.
Fridays and select Thursdays, 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Cost: $185 per person (plus tax, includes gratuity).
Park admission not required.
These are just an example from many of the special happenings. But the thing we liked best is the fact that the whole of world showcase becomes a food marketplace where you can pay anything from just $1 to $4 for small samples of a wonderful array of cuisine.
Here is a list of just some of the countries offering delicious samples: -
- Canada, offering the best cheese soup ever)
- United States, with their Florida Wild Shrimp
- Morrocco and South Africa with their unique flavours, if you like Boma at AKL then you will enjoy these stands.
- Eastern Europe is represented by Poland and Turkey
- For people who enjoy a drink, there is a hops and barley market, a best beers of the world attraction and of course Sparkling Wines and Champage
- Japan, Singapore, Chile, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Mexico; the list is extensive. I certainly haven't mentioned all the countries represented in this Celebration of Food From Around the World.
- Some countries bring extra touches of their culture to the event and one which we particularly enjoyed last year was the stand from Spain. As this is one of the countries which was once rumoured to be coming to Epcot it was interesting to see that the stand was so large.
- There are many wine and beer tasting opportunities and the atmosphere is a little bit like a carnival. The empty walk from World Showcase corner to
- Mexico is full of vibrant colors and delicious smells
I am so sorry we can’t go this year but if ever you are in Florida at the right time I can highly recommend a visit. Remember to miss breakfast, as you may end up eating all day.
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Page added on: 16 September 2005
There are no photos available for this article at the moment.
Viewed 2359 times since 1 September 2008.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one:
Bookmark This Article
These sites allow you to store and share links over the internet. You can share the links with other users or just use them to access your links from any computer you are using. More information is available here.