Florida Guide > Travelling
Here are some tips which will help you to enjoy your stay and make the most of the time you have!
1. There is so much to see and do in the Orlando area – you may well be over optimistic! Many people try to fit in too much and find that they finish their holiday more tired than at the start! If you intend to blitz the Parks – don’t try to do them all. Choose which ones you want to do and make a plan. Display the plan where all the family can see it – may be on the fridge door! Make sure you have at least a day in between Park visits, giving you a chance to relax and unwind. Long days at the Parks can be really tiring – especially for the younger members of the family.
2. Allocate some days for shopping! Orlando is a shoppers’ paradise both in terms of choice and price! Look out for money off coupons in free magazines and at shopping outlets.
3. There are loads of things to do and visit apart from the main Parks. Again, look out for money off coupons.
4. The climate in Florida may be a lot hotter than you are used to. Make sure you drink plenty of water. A good tip is to buy small bottles of water in the supermarket and freeze them. You can then take them out with you (frozen), providing you with a cold drink during the day.
5. If you are renting a villa you will undoubtedly have a pool to enjoy! Find time for it!
6. There are many restaurants to try – again look out for money off coupons. Many restaurants are very popular – some will allow you to reserve a table by phone before you leave the villa for your evening out – saving you a wait.
7. At the Parks, when you go in try heading straight through the centre and start making your way round from the area directly opposite the entrance. Most people will either turn left or right as they go in – you will be ahead of the crowds!
8. If there is any doubt that you are over 21 carry some age identification with you – passport or driving licence. This will mean you will be served alcohol without problem – laws are very strict in the US.
Have a wonderful time – and if you haven’t done all you hoped – well there’s always next time!
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Page added on: 16 September 2008
There are no photos available for this article at the moment.
Viewed 3274 times since 16 September 2008.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one:
Bookmark This Article
These sites allow you to store and share links over the internet. You can share the links with other users or just use them to access your links from any computer you are using. More information is available here.