Florida Guide > Disney General
Interesting Disney Facts
Here are some interesting Disney facts that we have found out over the years that we have been visiting Orlando. MAGIC KINGDOM
When you walk through the Magic Kingdom you are actually walking on the 2nd floor, the first floor is hidden beneath you. Utility corridors, called Utilidoors occupy the first floor of the park. The Utilidoors hide most of the daily operations of the park from the guests, such as Character and Cast Member movements, restocking of merchandise, waste bin collection, etc. There are offices, changing rooms and even cafes here.
- Look for the paw prints in front of the stairs leading to Tony' s Town Square.
- If you want a real haircut you can get one at the Barbers Shop on Main Street!
- While riding Tomorrowland Transit Authority you can get a sneak look inside Space Mountain. . Also listen for the announcement ' Paging Mr Tom Morrow' .
- See if you can find the circle of small bronze character statues surrounding Walt Disney and Mickey in front of the Castle.
- Avoid the crowds lining Main Street before a parade, or if it’s raining, walk through the shops on the Tomorrowland side of the street, you will find they are all inter-connected.
- Look for the horse with a golden ribbon on it' s tail on Cinderella' s Carousel, that is Cinderella’s horse.
- In the ground around Aladdin’s Flying Carpets you can see rubies and diamonds in the pavement.
- If you find a paint brush on Tom Sawyers Island just ask a cast member for a prize.
- Look for the Mickey shaped manhole covers in Toontown.
- Walt Disney' s original, hand-drawn plans for the Walt Disney World Resort can be seen in the ' One Man' s Dream. ' attraction.
- You will find a key under the mat at Muppets 3D.
- If you want a great photo opportunity go right across the walkway at Star Tours and you will see the ' Star Cruiser' backdrop.
- At the ' Honey, I Shrunk the Kids' play area, climb the stairs between the garden hose and the slide coming out of a roll of film, there is a giant dog nose, put your hand in the nostrils and the dog sniffs you!
- In the Star Tours queue area listen carefully and you will hear a robot paging someone called ' Egroeg Sacul' . This is George Lucas spelled backwards.
- In front of the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, there is a well with a rope that is signposted ' Do Not Pull Rope' pull it, you will get a surprise!
These are just a few things we have discovered I am sure you will find out some more.
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Page added on: 22 October 2009
There are no photos available for this article at the moment.
Viewed 3538 times since 22 October 2009.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one:
Bookmark This Article
These sites allow you to store and share links over the internet. You can share the links with other users or just use them to access your links from any computer you are using. More information is available here.