Florida Guide > Disney General
The Disney theme parks, and the Orlando area, are not just for children or families – it can also be a romantic vacation destination for couples, with some even choosing to have their honeymoon there: you can see them walking round the parks with the bride wearing a mouse ears veil and the groom in a top hat!
Here are a few ideas to try out and make your visit to the Disney area a very romantic one:
- If you are on your honeymoon, buy some bride and groom mouse ears and wear them when you are in the parks. Cast members will congratulate you everywhere you go and make you feel very special.
- As the Magic Kingdom is closing at the end of the day, and the crowds are making their way along Main Street to leave, stay a while and watch the colours change on Cinderella’s Castle
- Go to Disney’s Boardwalk, rent a surrey bike and ride it all the way round the lake and finish off with a cooling drink from one of the cafes while you whisper sweet nothings to each other.
- Book a meal at Victoria and Albert’s restaurant in the Grand Floridian hotel. Get dressed up in your finest clothes and have the meal of a lifetime with wonderful service in a very elegant setting.
- Go to see Cirque de Soleil’s La Nouba show and have drinks or a meal at Downtown Disney West Side
- Watch the Beauty and the Beast show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Go to the Atlantic Dancehall at Disney’s Boardwalk and trip the light fantastic with the love of your life. You can also watch Epcot’s Illuminations fireworks from the second floor balcony.
- Watch the Wishes fireworks display from Cinderella’s Rose Garden at the Magic Kingdom
- At Disney’s Boardwalk, walk hand in hand round the lake to the Beaches and Cream Café at the Yacht and Beach Club and share a wonderful ice cream sundae.
- Spend some time away from the parks. Go to Celebration and have a meal in the Market Street Café, or Café d’Antonio, then take a stroll round the lake before sitting on the rocking chairs and watching the world go by.
- Book the ‘Breathless’ Illuminations Fireworks Cruise and have a special view of the show.
- Book at day at Discovery Cove where you can swim with a multitude of fish and rays and arrange a special dolphin session too.
There are many, many more romantic things to do in the Disney and Orlando area, but hopefully these ones will get you started.
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Page added on: 29 May 2009
There are no photos available for this article at the moment.
Viewed 3235 times since 29 May 2009.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one:
Bookmark This Article
These sites allow you to store and share links over the internet. You can share the links with other users or just use them to access your links from any computer you are using. More information is available here.