Florida Guide > Planning your Trip
Useful Things to Pack - Part 1
I hope our packing list comes in useful for anyone thinking about what they need to take with them to the sunshine state...
- Airline Tickets.
- Driving licences.
- Travellers Cheques.
- Sterling or Euros.
- Travel Insurance, this is essential!
- Address book or email addresses (to send post cards and emails to make your friends jealous).
- Book/magazine or two for entertainment lazing by the pool.
- A guide book is a great idea if you want to travel around the area.
- Pen and a pad are useful.
- Calculator so you know you are getting a bargain!
- Camcorder if you are lucky enough to own one.
- Camera and film or cards for your digital camera. A good strong camera bag is useful, a waterproof one is even better. Disposable cameras are fantastic for kids.
- Spare batteries for anything which requires them.
- Watches and jewellery.
- Make-up and perfume or aftershave
- A pair of scissors or nail clippers (Put these in your hold baggage as they will be confiscated if you take them in your hand luggage)
- Little bag or rucksack for use during the day. A concealed pouch for cash is a good idea.
- Top tip is an umbrella as it can rain sometimes out of the blue.
- Pain-killers or any other vital medication and ladies do not forget your pill.
- Indigestion tablets, all that yummy food you are going to indulge in!
- A mini first aid kit. Easily purchased at the chemist and designed for travelling with the most essential items.
- Chap Stick.
- Wet wipes/wet loo roll.
- Cotton wool and cotton buds.
- Eye drops.
- Insect repellent (just in case) or some antihistamine tablets. It is a good idea to start these before your holiday to build up your resistance!
- Small sewing kit, you never know when that button is going to pop off!!!
- Toiletries just think about your daily routine, you get up……. Sponge, face cloth, squiggy, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, floss. Moisturisers, deodorant, shaving foam, razor etc. that way you should remember everything!
- Hair products, gel, wax, frizzeaze (hair has a mind of its own in Florida) hairspray etc
- Sun creams: different factors start high and gradually reduce SPF. A waterproof one is a great idea. Don’t forget the after sun lotion.
More useful items for packing in part two.
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Page added on: 26 January 2005
There are no photos available for this article at the moment.
Viewed 4746 times since 1 September 2008.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one:
Bookmark This Article
These sites allow you to store and share links over the internet. You can share the links with other users or just use them to access your links from any computer you are using. More information is available here.