Florida Guide > Disney Parks
This event takes place every year in the America Gardens Theatre in World Showcase at Epcot. This is an outdoor event and it is best to be prepared for the weather. It starts in late November and goes through December and although the weather can still be mild at that time of year the evenings can still turn chilly so dress accordingly for the procession. Shows are approximately 40 minutes and each evening there are usually three shows.
This has been a Disney tradition for nearly forty years and is a moving presentation of the Christmas story in readings by a celebrity narrator and music by a Mass choir and 50-piece orchestra. The narrators. who are normally well known actors, change each evening.
Your admission to Epcot includes the price of the professional but if you would like a special treat you can also book a Dinner Package which includes a ticket to Reserved Seating for the Candlelight Processional. These packages can usually be pre-booked from the end of June.
My parents are hoping to go to our villa this December so have been researching the Dinner Packages. The Package includes dinner at a select Epcot restaurant and reserved general seating at the America Gardens Theatre during the Candlelight Processional. To make dinner reservations, you need to call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463). You must guarantee the package with a credit card when booking. However payment is only made when you dine and this is when you will be given your tickets for the general reserved seating. Therefore you have to dine before the processional.
There are 3 different tiers of payment but they do not include tax or a tip:Tier 1
- Seating 1 - $27. 99 plus tax & gratuity / ages 3-9 $12. 99 (Lunch)
- Seating 2 & 3 -$33. 99 plus tax & gratuity / ages 3-9 $14. 99 (Dinner)
- The Garden Grill Restaurant - Land Pavilion
- Biergarten - Germany Pavilion
- Seating 1 - $37. 99 plus tax & gratuity / ages 3-9 $12. 99 (Lunch)
- Seating 2 & 3 - $44. 99 plus tax & gratuity / ages 3-9 $14. 99 (Dinner)
- San Angel Inn - Mexico Pavilion
- Restaurant Marrakesh - Morocco Pavilion
- Nine Dragons - China Pavilion
- Rose & Crown - United Kingdom Pavilion
- Seating 1 - $44. 99 plus tax & gratuity /ages 3-9 $12. 99 (Lunch)
- Seating 2 & 3 - $53. 99 plus tax & gratuity / ages 3-9 $14. 99 (Dinner)
- Chefs de France - France Pavilion
- Tutto Italia - Italy Pavilion
- Le Cellier Steakhouse - Canada Pavilion
- Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining - Japan Pavilion
- Coral Reef - The Seas with Nemo and Friends Pavilion
However if you decide not to have the Dinner Package seating is on a first come, first served basis for each show. You should join the queue at least 45 minutes (longer as you are closer to Christmas) before show time. The queue to the right side is for first-come available seating. Be sure to check upon arrival so you are in the correct queue.
Fifteen minutes before the show, seating is then opened up to those in the queue. If you are waiting for the second or third show of the night you will also be able to hear the music from the previous shows.
I really recommend this show but if you don’t want to dine or queue just stroll by the America Gardens Theatre to listen to the music of Christmas.
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Page added on: 3 January 2009
There are no photos available for this article at the moment.
Viewed 2926 times since 3 January 2009.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one:
Bookmark This Article
These sites allow you to store and share links over the internet. You can share the links with other users or just use them to access your links from any computer you are using. More information is available here.