Florida Guide > Disney General
Tips on enjoying Blizzard Beach to the full
- Always remember to take your sunscreen with you – even when it is cloudy you can get burned! Apply sunscreen often, especially as you will be in and out of the water.
- Parking is free at both water parks!
- Buy an insulated drinks mug on entry to enjoy free cold drinks and refills all day long - and you get to keep the mug!
- Once you have a drinks mug, re-use this on your next trip to the water parks – it only costs $6 to have it re-coded (a new one costs $10)
- Check opening times beforehand and get there when the water parks open to ensure that you can find a sunbed or sunchair – in the summer months, apparently the best time to arrive is around 3. 00 pm.
- You need to get to the top of Mount Gushmore to try out Summit Plummet, Slush Gusher and Teamboat Springs – save your legs and take the wooden Chairlift to the Mount for great views on the way up and a leisurely ride to the top
- Take a picnic along with you – you are allowed to take food and non-alcoholic drink in to the water parks, so long as there are no glass containers and there are special picnic areas laid out around the water park.
- There are height restrictions on some of the waterslides, so measure the heights of your children before arrival to avoid disappointment – the Disney World website has information on height restrictions.
- You can hire lockers and towels at Blizzard Beach and also life vests for the non-swimmers of the group.
- Often there are Disney photographers around the waterparks, who will take photos of you and your family – they will give you a waterproof Photocard (with a wristband) which has a code for you to access your photos on line, and you can even e-mail them to your friends and family back home!
- Don’t forget to try the Lazy River – it is a great way to cool down and bob gently around the whole of Blizzard Beach on single or double tubes – and it is an easy way to reach some of the waterslides on the other side of the water park.
- It is a good idea to wear water shoes around the water park – the ground does get very hot with the sun beating down on it.
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Page added on: 24 March 2007
Viewed 4824 times since 1 September 2008.
The following photos have been submitted by our villa owners for this article.
We take great care to ensure we have the copyright holder's permission to display each photo. If you believe any of our photos should not be displayed for any reason then please email email@example.com with full details, including a link to the photo concerned and we will act on it immediately.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one:
Bookmark This Article
These sites allow you to store and share links over the internet. You can share the links with other users or just use them to access your links from any computer you are using. More information is available here.