Florida Guide > Travelling
Help and advice for the first time visitor to florida
There are many books available for visiting Florida but some time ago someone left a book in our villa entitled Brits guide to Florida. This book was full of useful information and tips and I would suggest buying a copy (not sure where you would get one but Amazon may be a good place to start.
These are a few of my ideas
1. Firstly when you arrive at the airport in Florida after a long journey it is always best if the lead person of the family go to collect the car at the car hire desk, whilst the rest of the family gets the luggage. This saves a great deal of time as once everyone gets there luggage a long queue will be forming at the car rental desk. The driver can then goes back and help with the luggage.
2. Always check directions before leaving the airport as particularly at Orlando international getting out of the airport is a little daunting but take your time and you will be fine.
3. When you arrive at your destination if staying at a hotel its always best to check where the fire exits are located (chance are you will never need to know but it is always best to find out)
4. When eating out at restaurants always look out for the coupon books they are packed with discounts for dining, shopping, attractions and more. Some restaurants offer % or set amounts.
5. When visiting the theme parks it is always advisable to go to the far end of the park and work your way to the front as almost everyone starts at the front. Or if you do start at the front go in an anti clockwise direction. (in other works the opposite of any one else) you will find there will be less queuing time by doing that .
6. Make sure you drink lots of water in the hot summer months as it is quite easy to dehydrate particularly children. (We found this to our cost)
7. We have found it to be a help to get your attraction tickets before you travel(from this site maybe) but certainly before you get to the parks as often the queue to get tickets can take a long time.
8. Always apply sun screen even if the weather is overcast, the Florida sun can be very deceiving
9. If staying in a Motel always make sure you lock you door after you go in. apply the same rules as at home.
10. Don’t forget have a great time there is so much to see and do in Florida you will certainly want to visit again.
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Page added on: 19 August 2007
There are no photos available for this article at the moment.
Viewed 4070 times since 1 September 2008.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one:
Bookmark This Article
These sites allow you to store and share links over the internet. You can share the links with other users or just use them to access your links from any computer you are using. More information is available here.