Florida Guide > Miscellaneous
20 Ways to Pass the Time in a Theme Park Queue
Even though you have arrived at the Park before it opens and are the first person in, and even though you have made very careful use of the Fast Pass system, there may still be times when you will have to grin and bear it and stand in a queue for something. Some of these activities are suitable if you are queuing up on your own, and others will work better if you are with someone else. Of course, you could always involve the other people who are waiting – it will help to pass the time for them too!!
Here are some ideas to help you while away the time……
- Watch the faces of the people coming off the ride you are waiting to get onto – how do they look? Happy and laughing? Stunned by the experience? Thrilled by the experience? A bit green round the edges?
- Wonder if you have made the right decision to come on this ride.
- Have a competition to say the alphabet backwards as fast as you can.
- Sing 100 Green Bottles (or as many green bottles as you think the people round about you can bear).
- Count the number of people wearing the same tee-shirt/hat/shoes/sunglasses as you.
- Each member of the group should pick a different colour and see who can see the most people wearing that colour within a certain time – say 3 minutes. The winner gets to pick the next time-passing activity.
- Discuss where to have lunch/dinner.
- Pretend to be Fred Astaire or Ginger Rogers, and tap dance with the people next to you in the queue.
- Pretend to be a Pop Star
- Play Charades – make it themed to the Park you are in.
- Play the Town/City Game. The first person names a town or city and the next person has to name a town/city that begins with the last letter of the place the previous player named.
- Make lists of things – The 10 worst films you have seen, 10 things that you remember from your last holiday, 10 uses for a house brick, the 10 best books you have read.
- Play air drums/guitar. Others could try and guess which song you are ‘playing’.
- Play I-Spy.
- Play Scissors, Paper, Stone
- Sing all the songs from The Sound of Music (encourage others in the queue to join in with some of them).
- Play 20 Questions (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral). One person thinks of an object and the others have to try and guess what they are thinking of. All questions must only be answered with ‘Yes’ or ‘No’. If someone guesses the object within 20 questions then they take the next turn, if not, the first person has another turn.
- Scenarios. Think of a title and then discuss it with the others in your group e.g. ‘Plans for a new Horror Film’ or ‘The Perfect Shopping Mall’.
- Invent a new language.
Viewed 68841 times.
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one: